May 29, 2007
May 22, 2007
Who knew ‘D’ batteries can cause so much wind?!
May 22, 2007
About once a day, around 3-ish, I feel like I’m about to self-destruct. Because this is what I’ve been dealing with for the past two weeks. Except, add in some incessant screaming, floor-writhing, hitting, throwing, and leg-biting. Take all that away, and his whiney-ness is actually a little cute.
May 14, 2007
I have been completely inundated with work the past month and a half. While the idea of earning some extra, well, earnings, was exciting at first, I’m at a point where I just want it all.to.stop. And let me breathe, play with my son, watch Heroes, and nap during the day. I don’t have much time, but feel the itch to blog, so here’s what’s going down in Ventura-Kirk-dom:
1) Kai’s vocab has grown. Still baby-babble to those not me or Ryan, but words and animal noises come out of the mouth of our little babe. “Shaaaaaaa!” = star. “Shaaaaaa!” = sun. “Zzzzzzzzzzzz” = bees and all other insects.
2) I’m almost four months pregnant and feeling so much better these days.
3) I opened the freezer only to find a bag of tortilla chips. Another day, the lunch meat was missing. Ryan found it in the freezer. Apparently, my husband has a subconscious need to freeze everything. Except that one time I found a package of ham in the Tupperware bin. On second thought, my husband is just plain crazy but cracks me up.
4) I’m working on design jobs that I’m embarrassed to own up to. Professor Donegan would be so ashamed. But whatever will earn me some bucks to buy a new iMac, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?? Does that make me, *cough,*a design whore??
5) Ryan’s physical therapy for his mild carpal-tunnel syndrome has paid off: his sessions end this week. Good thing, or else this would’ve been him.
April 25, 2007
OK, yes, it’s a shameless plug, but having an extra link to our new business site can’t hurt. Our product offerings will continue to grow over the coming months, but you should know now that Ambrosia Paperie is a great new source for modern announcements, invitations, and stationery. Shameless!